Thursday, November 19, 2015

Paul's Gospel: Look back from week 8 (Romans 7:7-25)

The Gospel According to Paul: Romans 7:7-25

Study Questions:

Understanding Sin

1. Purpose of Law (vs. 7)

               *If it weren’t for the law, my sin nature would not have been _____________________ to me.

2. Perversion of Sin (vs. 8)

               *Sin sought an ____________________  through the law to distort and misrepresent it.

3. Penalty of Sin (vs. 9-12)

               *Because of sin, the very law which promised me life proved to be __________ to me.

4. Proclamation of Sin (vs. 13)

               *The law did not produce death in me; it was __________ which produced it.

5. Power of Sin (vs. 14-16)

               *The power of sin is evident in that my __________ is sold under it.

6. Place of Sin (vs. 17-20)

               *Sin is in my ____________ , or the seat of my passions and desires.

7. Pitfalls of Sin (vs. 21-24)

               *A major difficulty in being sold under sin is my _______________ with it, causing a war within my heart and mind between my new spiritual and old sin natures.

8. Passing Away of Sin (vs. 25)

               *Thanks be to Jesus Christ who _____________ me from the body of death, ruled and controlled by sin.

*Point to learn: Sin is a powerful, influential tool of the enemy which fuels his economy of death and fear.  With the defeat of sin through Jesus’ atonement, we have victory over the devil, sin, and ultimately death. 


Word Bank: Heart, Opportunity, Sin, Apparent, Death, Relationship, Flesh, Delivers

No comments:

Post a Comment